Bryan Carroll is a father, a son, a brother, and a motivator. He is also a community organizer, an educator, a youth consultant, an author, a behavioral specialist, and the future owner of an early childhood learning center. Bryan has always been dedicated to serving his community in many capacities and has continued to do so as a citizen of Houston, TX.
He just recently authored a children's book entitled "Super Sharing". He develops "coming of age" curriculums and mentoring programs like Athletic Intelligence, a program which provides life skills, athletic training, college prep, and coaching to young athletes. He also founded a non-profit, entitled Community Under Reconstruction through Education (CURE).
He is currently teaching at a middle school in Houston and is working to open an early childhood education center that will focus on building foundational literary skills. Bryan is a titan when it comes to advocating on the behalf of underserved youth. WOW.
"Just because it's the truth or your true doesn't mean it needs to be spoken at the time." - Bryan Carroll
What we talk about:
- Being a Dad
- Influence of his parents and
- Dad not being around
- Processing childhood trauma
- How this helped him in his mentality of mentoring today.
- The variables that lead to kids not following their opportunities
- Generational Knowledge to help navigate the system
- His process for educating the students and kids that cross his path
- His Journey through football
- Forgiveness and the process to being at peace
- Toxic Masculinity and the culture in the locker room
- Criminal Justice system and being arrested twice
- The Racial Empathy Gap
- His Experience trying to get to see his daughter more
- Prop 48
- 18 year old gets leniency for Rape
- Racial Empathy Gap
- Pete Butigieg at a Town Hall
- C.U.R.E - His Non Profit
Lead editor + Producer: Ruf Holmes
Main Theme: "Eaze Does It" by Shye Eaze and DJ Rufbeats, a More In Common Podcast Exclusive.
Guest theme: "Calm Wakes" by DJ Rufbeats created as a More In Common Podcast Exclusive.