Pete Mulroy grew up outside of Detroit, MI. After graduating with a degree in astrophysics and a stint with NASA, he returned to graduate school to study planetary atmospheres, to launch a sounding rocket and to work at JPL. He has a deep passion for history and understanding what the past means for today. He now lives in Italy as he has always been a dual citizen, gracing people with his knowledge of Roman history as a City Tour Guide.
Talking to Pete is always an opportunity to learn and have a great discussion.
Pet Mulroy "I'm a product of where I group up. At NASA the people of color I knew were PhDs in Astrophysics."
Topics we cover///
- 20 years in Italy and an interest in U.S. Politics
- What it's like in Italy discussing politics and difficult conversations
- His growing up…
- …path to working at the Jet propulsion lab
- … then off to Italy
- The Movie he created
- His philosophy on being able to learn to walk and talk as a motivator to accomplishment
- We talk about The American dream,
- the peak of it
- the nature of where it is now
- how he thinks the breaking of the Air Traffic control union impacted job availability
- The Relationship of business to its employees
- And More!!
- 1972 - Equal Rights Amendment
- Jet Propulsion Lab
- 1936 - Flint Sit-Down Strikes
- Hughes Aircraft History
- More In Common with Lock West Monster
- Capuchin Crypts in Rome
Main Theme: "I dunno" by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusqu
Guest theme: Pointless Lullaby by septahelix (c) copyright 2019 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/septahelix/59625